Hair masks are a great way to nourish your hair and keep it looking healthy and shiny. While there are plenty of high-end hair masks available on the market, you don’t have to spend a fortune to get the benefits of a great hair mask. In fact, you can make your own hair masks at home using ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. 🧴
We’ll share five DIY hair mask recipes that you can make at home. 🏠
Each recipe is designed to address a different hair concern, from dryness to frizz to lack shine. Here are the five recipes we’ll cover:
This mask is great for nourishing dry, damaged hair. Avocado is rich in healthy fats that can help moisturize your hair, while honey is a natural humectant that can help lock in moisture.
– Slice the avocado in half, pit, then scoop out the inside flesh into a large mixing bowl.
– Add 2 tablespoons of olive or coconut oil (I prefer coconut oil).
– Add 2 tablespoons of organic raw honey. Mix together until smooth.
– Apply to hair. Put on a shower cap.
– Wait 60 minutes and then wash your hair normally.
This mask is perfect for taming frizzy hair. Coconut oil is a great natural conditioner, and eggs are packed with protein that can help strengthen your hair.
– In a bowl, combine coconut oil and whisked egg. Mix until they blend well.
– Next, evenly apply coconut oil and egg mixture to your damp hair.
– Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
– Then, rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
It’s ideal for adding shine to dull, lackluster hair. Bananas are rich in vitamins and minerals that can help nourish your hair, while olive oil is a great natural conditioner.
– Mash one ripe banana using a fork and add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
– Mix well until no lumps are there.
– Apply all over the hair using a brush.
– Cover with a shower cap and wash with shampoo after 20 minutes.
– You can also use coconut oil or argan oil for a nourishing experience.
This mask is excellent for treating an itchy, flaky scalp. Yogurt is a natural probiotic that can help soothe your scalp, while lemon juice can help clarify and cleanse your hair.
– Mix two tablespoons of yogurt with a few drops of lemon juice.
– Mix these well to make a fine paste.
– Apply this mask to the roots and length of your hair and cover it with a shower cap.
– Allow this to rest for half an hour and then wash it off with water to get shiny and manageable hair.
Aloe vera is rich in vitamins and minerals that can help nourish your hair follicles, while castor oil is known for stimulating hair growth. This mask is great for promoting hair growth.
– For this hair mask, you will need 1 tbsp of fresh aloe vera gel from the plant and 1 tsp of black castor oil.
– Mix it up and massage this on your scalp.
– For easy application. Blend the two together and pour them into a spray bottle.
– Spray it on your hair and scalp.
– Leave it on for 30 mins or overnight and wash it off.
Making your own hair masks at home is a great way to save money and give your hair the care it deserves. These five DIY hair mask recipes are a great place to start but don’t be afraid to experiment with different ingredients to find the perfect hair mask for your needs.
Contact Modern Look Hair Salon, and schedule your next appointment with us!